we stayed with our friends in their (most glamorous) shed (I've ever seen anyway!) and rekindled our love of morning coffee.
when we came home my gorgeous man turned 48 and there was much baking and feasting with friends.
I seem to make the same cake every time there is a birthday - it is always good. here is the recipe - you will love it..
flourless orange cake
- 2 oranges boiled whole for 1 to 2 hours (until soft enough to mash with a blender/processor/bar mix..)
- a cup of sugar
- 6 eggs
- 250g almond meal
- a cup of orange juice
- orange rind
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 40ml grand marnier or cointreau
- preheat oven to 190 celcius
- mash oranges
- add sugar, eggs and almond meal
- mix well
- poor into spring form pan lined with baking paper
- bake for 50 mins
- to make glaze put all ingredients in a saucepan and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- remove cake from tin when baked and put on large plate
- pour over the glaze while the cake is still hot.
- serve with loads of cream
the sun is out and the bees are swarming
seedlings are sprouting and our garden feels like eden.
tomorrow I am back at uni to masquerade once more as a student!
the year is speeding past and the children are growing like weeds....beautiful weeds.