Friday, May 18, 2007

Lazy Bones?

Well I know that's not the case really. How can a mother of a toddler who works 17 hours a week outside the home and runs a choir and a household possibly be considered lazy except by her deluded self???????? I tell you I do feel guilty when I sit down to watch an episode of the Sopranos and imagine all those dedicated women who instead grab any moment they can to sequester themselves away in crafting solitude. And seriously the Sopranos is entertaining but I'm almost over it.....it IS violent despite it's intriguing character development...
I was looking at Beau's plastic (eekk!!) animal collection and remembered seeing the mama pig and piglets my friend M knitted!!!! for her boys and how my heart yearns for Beau to be surrounded by things that reflect care and imagination and beauty. We're doing pretty well for our circumstances. Oh that there were more hours in a day.
our first official car-less week. Feels fine. Feels good. I feel good and I do think I will sleep a whole lot better with all this physical activity.I may even have enough energy to craft into the wee hours now and then.

No comments: