Saturday, June 5, 2010

A Date





We went to see 3Penny Opera last night, debauched fun it was and my sister-in-law was wonderful as usual. There were many images that caught my attention as we walked the cold streets of Melbourne. I have a thing for shadows, which you don't see so often at night unless the moon is full or the streets lights provide some kind of show. It is a great city old Melbourne town. I do appreciate it. When I came home from Western Australia just recently it was the first time I didn't feel the pang to return to live. I came back to Melbourne happy in the knowledge that this is where I'm going to stay.This is home for now. We are about to dig in as much as we can. Martin has let go of one of his jobs and will have time to make his beautiful bee hives. We have been dreaming up the bones of our little urban farm and the potential to be found in the changes about to come. I will share another Hafiz poem on that note. I love it. It's the ultimate date as far as I'm concerned...

I Want Both of Us

To start talking about this great love

As if you, I and the Sun were all married
And living in a tiny room,
Helping each other to cook,
Do the wash,
Weave and sew
Care for our beautiful
Animals.

We all leave each morning
To labor on the earth’s field.
No one does not lift a great pack.

I want both of us to start singing like two
Traveling minstrels
About this extraordinary existence
We share,

As if
You, I, and God were all married

And living in
A tiny
Room.


Listening to Bob Dylan - Highway 61 Revisited

2 comments:

Red Hen (dette) said...

It's nice to feel settled isn't it, and Melbourne is the kind of place one could do that in. Both Bantam Boy and I both felt a connection with Melbourne.

Red Hen (dette) said...

PS. I was helping someone set up a blog the other day and we had a peek at yours. All the girls loved your little painted dollies.