Sunday, March 25, 2007

bedtime songs


After the 10th rendition of Beau's favourite bedtime song which absolutely must cover every being he has encountered in his 2 year old life to date ( therefore gets longer each evening ), I kissed him and said "I love you darling boy, I'm going outside and if you need me you just call me" and I left the room. For the first time ever he put himself to sleep! All those spectacular 'first times' to look forward to. Beau is my greatest teacher, my perfect mirror. I feel like he is here to show me how to know myself and that whatever I offer him in terms of guidance is a direct result of how much I notice the reflections. Today we had the most fantastic comedic chain of events whereby Beau had proudly shown me the poo he'd deposited in the garden, the phone then rang, I answered to my friend in Sydney who then also witnessed me telling Beau not to stand in the poo please and no don't poke it and no don't drive your truck through it either and then attempt diversion and a few minutes later extract said poo- covered truck from lounge room floor. Immediately after the phone call I went to remove said poo from garden and it had vanished. The dog. The dog had eaten it. So partner, K was informed by Beau on return form work "Flash poo eat all up later" Hereby executing his first 6 word sentence. You talk alot about poo when you have kids huh. I think that's why it's so vitally important to engage in activities outside the home when you're a parent, so that you have more than poo to discuss.
We would love to have another baby. Just so we can do the poo thing all over again. And that's my last mention of the p word.
When I find our camera I will start adding photos to my posts. Part of the reason for my debut into blogging is the hope that I may become more intimate with the camera. I'm quite hopeless when it comes to documenting life. I like to think I'm more into being in the moment than capturing it but I'm really just forgetful in that area. And I so very much enjoy seeing snippets of other people's lives and loves and works and homes (in particular Amanda from Soulemama) that I wish to share some of mine. In fact here is a photo of our garden which once was concrete and hills hoist but now is home to vegetables and chickens and insects for which Joe has developed a great passion, and for which there seems never enough time to all the things I would love to do out there. (Patience has never been my best quality but I have come a long long way ).

No comments: