Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Kings and Queens

We had these beautiful visitors yesterday and today, so tame, the King Parrot stayed a long while to eat sunflower seeds and pose for photos. Today he flew up to the window twice to get my attention. The echidna is still sitting in the garden with its nose snuffling for ants....I love it that these things are part of our day to day. And Henrik, it is with you most clearly in my mind that I post these pictures; some bits of Australia that I know you love so well! Enjoy my friend xx




Monday has become a very communal day for T and I and our boys. We usually spend the whole day together walking, talking, sharing chores, and preparing meals. I have earned the honourable title of 'Kitchen B****'to Kitchen Queen T. It's all about Superfood and chocolate and all things good and green from our local vege co-op. We think we should have our own TV show, baby in sling and all.....


4 comments:

Louise Dalton said...

Hi Kirti, Thanks for stopping by at my blog. I love visitors!

Hey, when you said you were having some nature-time, you weren't kidding were you? I'm a bit jealous of you - most my nature time has to be combined with yard duty, weekend studio sessions and the walk to and from work! (Yr 12 Folios due in two weeks Ahhh!)

fifi said...

I lOVE the echidna. Aren't they great?


And i think the world is wonderful just for containing red parrots. Such am amazing thing- like a fairy tale bird.


I am jealous of your lovely harmonious family life. So serene.

Red Hen (dette) said...

How incredible and funny that he tried to get your attention at the window! Dad used to feed the local magpies and eventually they ended up coming into the house to hurry him along with their treat!
Actually I'm a bit jealous of your lovely lifestyle with someone to share chores with although I know you are living in very small quarters at present so it has to have some rewards!

Esti said...

you sound so happy!!