Saturday, December 4, 2010

December


I turned this much. There was champagne, ginger beer and strawberries, words of love and appreciation, and verily the cake was good.


The Christmas Fairy made herself known. She shall be known as Trixie. And she shall NOT forget to visit.







Our garden is going berserk thanks be to the tropical weather and the tender loving care largely bestowed upon it by He Who Mows Without Complaint.




The Good Stuff from aforementioned garden. You cannot imagine the flavour of the warm honey until you too get down on hands and knees and lick it off the concrete.


Our dear friends are getting married - and we have been sewing bunting.


My little guy will finish kinder and move onward to school...he cruised through orientation along with the other 18 siblings in his prep class, like nothing could be more normal. May it be that way when he realises he'll be there 5 days a week....May I be so relaxed about it too for that matter.

And I have an audition next week - for music school. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH. I'm quietly freaking out. Last time I auditioned for anything I was young free and single. I had nothing to do but prepare, focus, dream and feel that I could just folk rock the house down. I'm counting on Life Experience, Annie Lennox and a bit of a 'trumpet solo' to get me through. And I'm hoping that the shiner I am currently sporting from having collided with the back of my child's head on the weekend, will be gone by Thursday.

2 comments:

Red Hen (dette) said...

Oh dear I hope it clears by then too! Gosh your little one is at the beginning of his school adventures both of mine have now finished (I'm not counting uni as I hope that they embrace lifelong learning and Uni is a grown up thing that one can go back to) Good luck for your audition and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Your garden looks lovely!

Alpha Betti said...

Such abundance in your life. Our bees arrived yesterday and I can see them milling about out my kitchen window - wondering how they got from Booragoon to Mosman Park probably. We got carpet (jute) in all the bedrooms last week and my upstairs haven is so havenly and airy and girly and sexy and tidy and, and, and - it was all worth waiting for.