Sunday, December 19, 2010


Home made apricot jam on sourdough toast for breakfast. VERY nice. We only used half the recommended amount of sugar so the flavour whilst still sweet, is heavy on fruit and slightly tart. There's more on the stove today. 10 kg in all. From 1 small tree. How happy we are to be peasants in Little Calabria.

I got through my audition! I sang like a strangled bird (I thought) due to nerves but obviously it wasn't that bad! Going back to school. Music school. Quietly excited I am. It scares the shit out of me but I can't imagine doing anything else. Except run a goat farm. Which isn't going to happen right now but might someday be funded by a late but brilliant musical career. Spoken like a true Sagittarius.

Martin finished his business course, and has a blog now too; The Urban Hive.

We went to see The King's Speech last night. Great film - wonderfully restrained acting with appropriately restrained humour. Then we bought a bottle of wine and came home and got tipsy and listened to the best of Bowie. After we gushed over how unbelievably cool a song Sorrow is, we laughed about what our children might think of it some day. Will they think Bowie completely naff?....Surely not....it's BOWIE man!!! The fact that Bantam Boy digs Dylan, gives me great hope Dette.

Time to stir the jam, plant a baby Jesus in the Nativity manger and think about Christmas Stockings...

WITH YOUR LONG BLONDE HAIR.... I COULDN'T SLEEP LAST NIGHT.......

1 comment:

Red Hen (dette) said...

That is because he is as cool as his mother!
Congraulations! Going to music school will be wonderful. I want to go back to art school! I loved that time SO much. I am looking forward to following your music career!
That jam sounds perfect too by the way!