Monday, January 10, 2011

holiday







We were planning to go camping this week, but our plans fell through so we find ourselves camping in our own back yard, which has turned out to be lovely, relaxing and full of visitors. The sunflowers and tomatoes are out, the pool is up, the tent is providing shade and the phone is off the hook as it were.

I'm sitting here reading the course outline for my Bachelor of Music, feeling quite excited at the prospect of immersing myself in it all again. I think it will be a busy year for us all, in a good way. Martin launching his Sustainable beekeeping business, Beau starting Prep....it feels as though the last year was about finding our feet and now we can start walking. Or skipping as the mood takes us..

My friend passed on these gorgeous photos by a Finnish Mama who created these while her baby daughter slept. What a clever lady!!



Mila's Daydreams

Illustration Friday


Listening to The Black Cab Sessions.

1 comment:

Red Hen (dette) said...

I saw this baby on Kimono reicarnate's blog and thought it was gorgeous. I imagined doing it with my two when they were little I think I would be giggling to much and wake them up, especially BB because he was a terrible sleeper.
I've had a look at the illustration friday website and have sighned in for email updates. It might just do the trick with keeping me working toward something regularly. Thanks. Are you submitting things on there?
Camping out in the back yard looks like lots of fun.