Monday, November 26, 2007

New Year's Resolutions

Never was big on making NYR's but find myself thinking about all the things I'd like to do/change seeing as CHANGE is the catch word around here at the moment. May as well get a head start....let's see, I'd like to
  1. take up Spanish again (so I can indulge in Almodovar without having to squint at the subtitles)
  2. clear out my wardrobe and wear only frocks
  3. make a doll for Beau
  4. do yoga
  5. kiss my husband more often
  6. knit
  7. finish Tara
  8. more craft with Beau
  9. Go to the cinema (haven't been for 3 years!!!! Aaaaaghhhhhh)
  10. take lots and lots of photos
  11. visit Rinpoche in Tuscany
  12. have another baby (which highlights the need to make the most of 9. and prioritise 5. be VERY open minded about 2. and kiss 1. 7. and 11. goodbye for another 3 years if they haven't been accomplised by this point..)
A further word on frocks. I love frocks. I would wear them exclusively if I had the time and funds to seek them out (and glory be I may well have both come the new year!). Note to self and to anyone who cares to join me - Frock on Friday posts....an excuse to Screen (as opposed to Window) Shop if nothing else.....my frocks, other people's frocks, designer frocks, old frocks and new.....
I also love the designs by Pelle - find them at mioke. Scroll down and select sewing then scroll up and select pelle.
We used to have Frock on Fridays back in the Feral late 90's (feral for me anyway, I can't speak for you) - everyone joined in, even my dog now and then. My taste in frocks has changed since then. Now my frocks need to be clean and in tact but I've always loved a vintage frock especially the 50's and 70's variety.

Until Friday then....

No comments: