Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Market, Mudbricks and a mad, mad wind








A lovely Saturday with friends out of town at their beautiful place surrounded by trees. We sat by the fire all day and ate, ate and laughed and turned lights out for Earth Hour at 8pm and continued the same activities by candle light. Good for the soul. Rainbows and kangaroos and cake. We love our little house but oh how we long to be in such a place surrounded by bush. Everything slows down. The colours of the Australian bush are so soft, a calming focus for the eyes. I do love it.

I hope your roofs are in tact. Ours is banging around like tupperware in this mad wind. Climate change eh? Hadn't noticed.....

PS that's Tahli's beautiful pregnant belly not mine. Not this month, though I was absolutely convinced I was. I woke up Sunday morning feeling excited to think there may be a positive test to see. It was still dark and Beau needed a pee and he said sleepily "Mama have you got a broken tummy?" And i stood up to turn the light on and there was a bit of blood on the dyne. Damn they are spooky sometimes aren't they the little empaths! My brother and sister-in-law are on IVF, and just had their second transfer which sadly was not successful. I hope it happens for them soon. I think they are handling it with enormous presence and grace despite the emotional and physical roller coaster that it is.

4 comments:

Jo Windmill said...

Blimey the wind!!
The mudbrick holday looks yummy, and your country life yearning is tres tres obvious!
Love to ya, Being

Red Hen (dette) said...

Those tiles above the sink are stunning. Will tell Tim to look out for things for you, I'll fight you for the tea cups though, Tim always gives me first dibs on anything he finds. I am presuming it is a toy pram you are after not one for the new babe.

Red Hen (dette) said...

Tim is already working on the pram he knows he's seen one somewhere (he's trying to remember where) and it will be useful for carrying things from place to place!

fifi said...

I lOVE the bush, I do. how lovely you are there, and among friends too.


Wishing you luck for the new visitor.