Wednesday, April 23, 2008

searching the soup

K has gone out to fetch us some soup. What I really want is the good hearty home made variety but after a long drive to and from the mountains, the take away kind will have to do! We spent most of the afternoon in Dru's caravan. Beau clambered about the caravan discovering it's nooks and crannies, whilst we three spent the time talking about the nooks and crannies of our minds, our favourite topic of conversation. I expressed my current challenge; the understanding that life is just living through us, that there really is no 'us' or 'me' that needs to DO anything and that all that is needed is to get out of the way, relax and be present and aware and respond in the moment; and all this mind wants to do is know how that will feel, look, pan out, therefore getting in the way entirely. What I love about our conversations with Dru is the humour that pervades and that we laugh at ourselves and the predicament of being in this world and not take any of it too seriously. More play, more laughter.....

Which is what I need to remember when I sit down to write or draw or knit or do anything other than clean and parent and cook etc these days. I have been feeling a galaxy's distance from the creative flow; feeling that it has been so long since I was in the habit of freely creating that my body and my mind have forgotten how to even enter that realm.

Well. .....Thugpa has arrived, momos too. When all else fails, eat, watch a DVD and have another go tomorrow!

1 comment:

fifi said...

You have now made me wish for soup.


It is hard when separated from the creative force.
I have a habit of carrying around sticky notes and scribbling stuff onto them so I don't forget things I imagine. Only problm is I get my best ideas underwater and they often evaporate later on.