Thursday, December 25, 2008






Making that doll is an achievement! Many late nights, especially the sewing of the hair, but a pure joy every moment. As is the tradition with a Waldorf doll, I slept with him/her to further imbue it with my energy. Beau came into our bed on cue in the wee hours of the morn and I still had the doll close to my chest. When he awoke asking to see what Santa had left I said I had a gift for him first and I brought the doll to his chest at which point he went very quiet and held it to his chest. He said 'Is it a boy or a girl mummy?" to which I answered "which ever you decide" and he whispered 'a girl". I suggested he think of a name for her. Later on I asked again, what he thought she would be named and he said "Arya" which is the name of our friends' lovely daughter who Beau has spent some great time with of late. (Be still my heart). Tonight we put Arya in her Pj's and took her into bed and Beau said to me "Thank you for making her for me, I love her (got up on an elbow to kiss me purposefully). I've never had a special doll before"

sigh....perfect mother/child moment lingering long into the night.

Santa brought Beau a very funky 70's Malvern star dragster bike which has also been the recipient of many declarations of love throughout the day.
It was almost an entirely hand made Christmas which I have declared the bench mark from here on. Start early is the trick. The bright ideas come amidst the flurry of making.

I'll post some more pics tomorrow. In the meantime, Merry Christmas my friends, enjoy your families, food, time out, sun or snow. Be safe and happy! xxx

5 comments:

Red Hen (dette) said...

Ohhhh! yhat is so sweet! The other little angel in the first photo is very cute too. Well done with the beautiful doll. love to you all!

Red Hen (dette) said...

That is sweet not yhat!!!! I really should check what I've typed before I press publish!

Ella said...

sigh. this is the first thing i sat down to read this morning.such sweetness.
beautiful doll.
one day...i'll make one. and this is especially inspiring.

Jo Windmill said...

Oh my dearest lady, what a perfect recount!! He will never forget it!
XX mwaah

Silver Bee said...

that is what Christmas should be all about....