Thursday, March 20, 2008

Frock on Friday on Thursday

I really like having an excuse to gaze at clothing. Not that one is required, but you know, I should do some dishes or something.....


This is from The Sartorialist.
Great coat. Love the tights. Bring on winter!

This photo I found through Google Images whilst looking for ideas for an outfit to a party. I've always loved that gorgeous doe-eyed 20's look...

Our friend Toby is a fashion designer in Perth and designs and sews wonderful pieces - suits, skirts, jackets, shirts, man-skirts, mostly unisex couture pieces that cross over into art at times. He incorporates screen printing and detachable details. Check out his website which is yet to be expanded www.formallyknownas.com.au.
Toby has always been one of those people who just doesn't see a gulf between an idea and its actualisation. He made a living from street performance before turning to fashion design. He has worked really hard and lives a truly unique, creative life with a damn fine woman I might say who equals him in originality, intellect and silliness (very important in any relationship, silliness). I'm saying all this partly because I know you will at some point possibly read this T and R and you should be reminded of how enormous a breath of fresh air you are for us. I can't keep up with you these days. K has a mighty good go at it though!!

Have a safe and happy easter everyone! We are getting out of town for a few days with a brand new tent, yippee! May it rain down upon us yet (not all weekend though...thanks).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Impressora e Multifuncional, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://impressora-multifuncional.blogspot.com. A hug.

Esti said...

Happy Easter to you and your family too!
(Here is already raining! :))