Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Soft landing







Again thanks to dear friends, this time in the fair hills, we have a cosy, temporary home.Here we shall stay until we find a place of our own . It is truly wholesome with kangaroos breakfasting outside our windows, trees and wild orchids as far as the eye can see, kookaburras and rosellas and cockatoos, view of the hills and not a hint of traffic noise. We went for a long bush walk today. Beau goes to bed exhausted and serenely happy. K is going to sell fabulous dharma books, I am going to make a picture book and learn some bluegrass and Beau is going to learn the names of trees and animals. One day soon there will be a mud brick home of our own, chickens and a vege patch and if I have my way, a goat to herd. The house hunting continues....


We are exhausted (hence I am cutting and pasting this post from a bulk email)but happy and relieved.

i never thought I'd say this but I don;t know what the hell I'd do without a computer and a spiffy new one at that. At the moment it's also a telephone, diary, DVD player, source of all music; it has officially replaced all other technology AND my brain. K is a marvel. My very own PC Whisperer. Also very good looking, loving father, sexy, sensational cook, funny, exceptional dancer (will that do it babe?)

I re strung my guitar and sang a few tunes this evening which is a sign that I am relaxing into the flow of life. I have seriously neglected Dolores lately but we are getting to know one another again....

The 'neighbours' are under the weather as well as in New Born Baby Land so it's good that we are here to support them too. Can't stop thanking them.

Here's a very funny lady for your viewing pleasure Nina Conti





4 comments:

Red Hen (dette) said...

Thank goodness! I had to laugh thinking of you both walking around with the computer up to your ear as a huge mobile flip phone, as K did when we came to visit! Your new place sounds just right for you all. It was just what I was visualising for you.

fifi said...

If i were to make an imaginary haven in my head, and spend time there, it would be precisely as you have described that place.
beautiful.

Suse said...

Looking at those pictures, I would say we are neighbours!

And if you're at that market tomorrow, selling dharma books and buying vegies, I'll see you there :)

Ella said...

this sounds absolutely beautiful. i
wish i could hear you sing and play.
i crave to have that close to home and since no on in my life just now plays any instruments (other than my 4 year old)i guess it will have to be me. soon i hope, once i'm feeling settled, i would like to take some guitar lessons.
it's a good thing waiting for the right home and space and even better that you have what seems like a great place to stay while you hunt.