Saturday, September 20, 2008

wild








As you can tell I'm sure, I'm very excited about all this nature. I just can't think of a reason to go into the city, other than to see people who I hope will prefer to come here..all these beautiful orchids, tiny and richly coloured and detailed, growing amongst the rough natives and rubble and weeds. The neighbours up the road took Beau and I on a walk to see them today. They know the names of almost every plant in their area. I can't remember many of them, except for spider orchid and egg and bacon flower and the yellow one called Donkey's Ears or similar...Now I understand why our Botanist friend Ryonen speaks of plants as though they are people with personalities.

Every day we walk. It's all I want to do, just stroll through the whisper and the light and the crunch of twigs and leaves under foot.

Today we had L and T visit and we joined the lovelies in the big house for soup and fresh market bread. I have the privilege of cradling the new born babe in my arms each day, his blissful snuffling poking at my heart, sending my hormones berserk.

So quiet and dark. I have never seen Beau so free and happy. May there be a place for us here somewhere where we can plant and birth, settle, breathe, stop moving, know the names of trees and plants and animals and neighbours.

3 comments:

Silver Bee said...

oh lovely...

Red Hen (dette) said...

I left a message here yesterday and for some reason it did not post??? just something about how nice it is to stroll along an discover the beautiful little flowers hiding in the bush! Lovely

Esti said...

You sound so at peace there...
beautiful wildflowers...
:)