Saturday, November 15, 2008

birthday crown


Stayed up joyously last night to stitch together this little crown for Taj's third birthday. It really needs interfacing between the two layers of felt, but fits well and has a tricky bit at the back where the band continues and extends when the elastic stretches.

Tahli performed miracles with sugar free and gluten free ingredients - a feast that left no child out of its head (where's the fun in that?). Just the usual afternoon exhaustion and record number of jumps on the new trampoline.

4 comments:

fifi said...

oh, I wish I had one of those on my head right now!


I tried the healthy birthday once and was scraping rejected muffin off things for weeks afterwards...

my kids were the ones who stood mesmerised at the cheezel bowl at birthdays. ( i never bought them junk)
My daughter, at 4, ate about 5 kilos of the things first time she ever encountered them. It was really embarrassing! she had no interest in any other birthday party activities.

sounds like you made better offerings than me though!

Silver Bee said...

what a lovely crown. wow. you inspire me.

i like the kind of 'baby sitter' that isn't attached to an electrical socket and antenna.

oh lucky lucky lucky you having a backyard.

smooch. cuddle.
aims

Red Hen (dette) said...

Great crown!!! I bet they all wanted them at the party!

LBBlum said...

What a great idea! I love this!