Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Dresses and Goddesses

In honor of it not being Friday here is an amazing Indian designer who I found through the Sartorlialist .
Anyway I've hardly been committed to regular Friday Frock showings. So have a look at Anamika Khanna and weep with joy.
There's very little in her collections I wouldn't desire had I an appropriately sized disposable income. It's not often I see couture that looks like something I could actually wear. She has some truly gorgeous textiles.

Other than that........ slowly making steps towards moving Westward. Organising some one to take over the choir, getting removal quotes, researching schools and rentals. Even just to tell people that this is what we are doing, is a big step. Beau has started asking on daily basis if this or that toy or item will be accompanying him to Western Australia. It's interesting that as usual, as soon as a firm decision is made, synchronicities appear. Many friends seems to know someone who is moving/has moved to the town we are particularly drawn to, and they all have great things to say about it. In my experience indecision creates chaos Everything shifts and converges when a choice is made and energy is put behind it. Which just supports my theory that ultimately it doesn't really matter what we choose to do (as long as we are acting out of awareness) Life will soon let us know if it isn't going to be possible.

K leaves on Saturday evening. Beau and I might join our friends at their family farm for a few days. I can imagine us mainly just settling into our own rhythm and breaking up the four weeks with visits and excursions. I might even finish the White Tara painting at long last.


I worked on her a little last week and it felt good for so many reasons not least of all because the recipient is due to give birth next month. This will mark three and a half years since she 'commissioned' me to do it! She will be the third Tara I will have painted. The first was Green Tara as a wedding gift for my brother and his wife;



and the second, the White Tara I painted as a kind of meditation leading up to Beau's birth.
I felt a very strong connection to Tara when I began practicing meditation, probably due to Rinpoche's connection to her and due to the amount of times K and I sang her mantras in our first years in Melbourne. For a while we shared a house with like minded friends with whom we did Green Tara practice every morning for a couple of weeks. During this time I had a number of lucid dreams in which I thought to sing her mantra in order to 'see' her. It was a very special time and not unlike the honeymoon period one experiences in the beginning of a relationship. These paintings have been a way of me keeping in contact with Tara at a time where physical practice is rare. She is the Mother of all Buddhas, of everything and for me she is Skeleton Woman too. May she also visit your dreams now and then.

1 comment:

Red Hen (dette) said...

Your painting look fantastic. The very act of painting itself is a meditation and a place to both loose and find yourself simultaneously!