Saturday, May 31, 2008

Back to the Beach and a farewell for now

I was very fortunate to spend some of Thursday afternoon in this very cosy construction......

.....wherein role play (i'm the mama, YOU'RE the baby now. go to sleep) earned me a 15 minute power nap. Bliss.

Our Friday afternoon; from this......






......to this, in the blink of an eye. This went down very well with fish and chips and a beer followed by a good run down a small hill.

And today, Saturday, a family day at St Andrews followed by a very un-elaborate but somehow intimate and appropriate farewell to K, who is now on a plane to Chennai via Perth. And my love you will be reading this soon enough, this blog-come-letter. Handy thing. What did we do before the internet? We waited patiently for post cards and handwritten letters and at least week old photographs. It's strange to think that 17 years ago when I left for Europe, there was no email. And now we can talk face to face from a mountain in India. Love it.

4 comments:

Red Hen (dette) said...

The net sure makes keeping in touch much easier! I had to laugh at your "I'm listening to" side bar comment I remember bantam Boy being fixated on a song that was played literally on rotation as he learned how to use the repeat function on the sterio!

fifi said...

what a lovely day, in a beautiful place, and even dolphins (?)


good luck to the traveller.

Esti said...

You've captured stunning beauty in these pictures. They sooth me. :)

hannna said...

enjoy your days without him! (and wonderful trip to him) missing is quite nice... maybe