Tuesday, May 13, 2008

market day and softened by the sea



Collingwood Children's Farm market on Saturday. Wonderful place, animals to pat and feed and milk, good produce to taste and buy, lots of happy folk......it's hard to believe one is in the city. Beau took the goat photo. I would love a goat. A goat loves a goat.



Had a very relaxed, slow Mama's Day. Had a great urge to be by the sea in the afternoon so we rugged up and went forth. How glorious. The treasures I found! I love to collect shells and glass all softened by the sea as we too felt. It's what I miss about the west. That Indian Ocean that I saw every single day for the first half of my life. The smell , the light, the waves, the sky. The eyes can rest on endless blue. We are planning to head back to the West in a couple of months. A long slow decision involving the extraction of ourselves from a pretty special community of people. The pull is so strong we have to follow it. So K will go to India for a few weeks and then we will start preparing to leave. It feels good. Big. Sad. Long awaited. Well timed. Good.

5 comments:

Esti said...

I couldn't live far from the sea. I just love it too much!

fifi said...

what a haul of treasure, such lovely things.
I love sea glass, I used to collect it while my daughter was at Piano lessons from the small bay beneath the Piano teacher's house.

But blue and white china? That is precious.


I hope your journey back to the sea is fruitful, though I think your life there sounds very special.

oh, and I have a goat thing too.

shula said...

goats are charming, but they eat everything but grass.

This includes levi jeans, hanging on the the line, all the way up to the knee

shula said...

ps. I have a whole box of sea glass and ceramic from 10 years walking on St Kilda beach.

Still miss it.

Jo Windmill said...

My wordy!!
Into the West...I will gooooooo....and Baue makes a perfect Frodo!!
Back in the land of Blog, me ..after manic stress study madness!
Love to you and the fruit of thy loins...