Thursday, August 7, 2008

I got lost in Ikea yesterday, looking for a shower curtain and of course then emerged 2 hours later with tea light holders, heart-shaped and star-shaped ice cube trays, a new dyne cover for Beau, the shower curtain, and this very popular Twin Share Dog Bed. Bookings essential.

Today a blissful day by the river in the winter sun, with a thermos of tea and snacks and camera and plenty of time. I bought a bargain pile of books for Beau from the local second hand bookshop. I realise my growing addiction to children’s’ books may be our one obstacle in actually getting all the way to WA…

Beau did a spectacular flip off a piece of playground equipment half way through the day and won himself a doozie of an egg on his forehead, which smearings and sprayings of arnica seem to have eased somewhat.


We went to visit the beautiful, about- to –birth- any- moment Ms T; pantry fully stocked and lounge room all warm and womb-like, birth pool awaiting water, candles lining the mantle, fire wood stacked, so organised and peaceful with the air of anticipation, so delicious to be reminded. Blessings T, M and T!


Now if you will excuse me I have to go and find out what happens when Lupin and Bill go to redeem Mad Eye Moody's body....




3 comments:

Red Hen (dette) said...

Oh no, I'm off to Ikea on saturday! And it is pay week, I'll make sure I pay the most pressing bills first before I go. I'm looking for a rug for my studio to make it a little more habitable. It's colder here than it was in Melbourne!!!

fifi said...

Keep away from the dreaded Ikea! I always go there for a specific item, phoning ahead to check it is in stock, and whe I arrive it never is so I get 1000 tealights and a few kilos of kitchen items instead...have


What a nice day by the river. I love childrens books, and have a collection of old ones which I still read. Fairy stories and things. I buy them second hand quite often, and I have hunted many down on the internet too.

fifi said...

i dont know wher that stray "have" in the above comment came from. weird