Friday, August 1, 2008

What the sky gave us #2

Yesterday afternoon, one of those 'blink and you'll miss it' moments. The brightest, clearest piece of rainbow.


Sock yarn from Suse finally untangled (took me two tangled skeins to work out that one should wind into ball first. Not real yarn smart..) Think I will try a size smaller needles. They is gonna be awful purdy.

And slow but sure progress on this painting; I now have two days a week to work, paint, have my own space...now that K is working from home. Found a warm sunny spot in the laundry to prop up the canvas and hang out with Tara. It's great to have the time though I really miss Beau. One day could almost be enough. But he gets to have those days with K which is bliss for them and I get to make head way in my work (and break to have coffee with the lovely Bridget, both of us sans children) so really everyone is happy. And that's what we hope for!

2 comments:

Suse said...

Yep, the tiniest needles you can find. I use 2.25mm mostly.

Just seen that glorious pic of you with the belly - wow!!! Love it.

Red Hen (dette) said...

That wool sure looks better. Happy painting! We had so much fun visiting with you all!