Monday, February 16, 2009

a few things from last week


Smoke in the gully

Knitting a blanket for Bridge's soon to be born baby #3. So very much looking forward to seeing him/her appear.

22 Feb - Trying to get back into some kind of rhythm. Met with all the neighbours today who are part of our fire phone tree. A lovely bunch of people who I am only just getting to know. Tomorrow another warm one with big winds forecast. The unease is still with us all and the bags are packed with necessities for days in town. I put in an application for a very sweet little house further in toward town which coincidentally is being vacated by a woman I know and her 3 year old daughter. The house exuded her warmth and lusciousness. With that and the knowledge that it has nurtured another single mama before me, I thought it worth a try. I'm craving a home so much, one that Beau and I can be in for at least 2 years. It really truly is time to stop and be still. (I've just read back over almost all my blog entries and am reminded that this has been a running theme...)

5 comments:

fifi said...

I hope you get the house!

Wishing you safe from any harm.

Petra said...

How lovely that you found me, its always fun to get new friends via the blog, im not to good at finding them..it takes time..
Its strange how two people from very far away from each other can have much in comment (exuse my english! =)
ill be visiting you soon again.
/ petra and billy says hi.

Jo Windmill said...

So nice to read your thoughts again...how nice to have you back in town in a yummy little cottage! Sounds like a place to have cups of tea and craft!
xxx

Red Hen (dette) said...

Yes, good luck with the house! I found that having a place to call mine, to feel I could put down roots and stay still for a bit was really important to me while I got my emotional self settled too.

Silver Bee said...

cuddles from me