Tuesday, June 24, 2008

old friends and new friends

We spent the weekend with these two lovely people who I have known since I was Beau's age. They live in the country on 5 glorious acres on which Beau and the pooches romped and explored. Many memories come flooding back when I am with them. I'm so glad Beau can have this connection with them. Thank you dear ones for a great weekend. We do love you.

What do you do when it's too wet and cold to play outside? Get nude and do it anyway!




Proving that it's never too cold or wet to do anything really.

Today a play date with MsAims and Bubble and Squeak. Hours of fun and tea consumption. A tired but very satisfied boy fell asleep in record time as a result.

Last night was my last at choir as leader. What a great bunch of people and what an amazing experience it has been for me. I'd never run a choir before and felt very green and nervous when I began with them 2 years ago. Gradually, with their willingness and warmth and my determination to offer something good and fun, we found our synergy. Now that we have a new leader, I'm looking forward to being in the choir instead of in front of it, until we head west.

I realised this will be the first of many 'last....'. The time before leaving a place is can be one of the best , when appreciation is at it's height, relationships and places are savoured. We sometimes ask each other "Are we still going to WA?" and have a laugh. Because it's not worth taking life TOO seriously.

1 comment:

Silver Bee said...

i love the three big smiles in the pic with your Castlemaine friends.

the idea of that doll is so lovely to smell like and have mums energy.
delightful.

lasts are sad and beautiful, firsts are exciting and full of promise.

hope karma gets well speedily.